On the total area of 400 ha, Tuan Chau has the population of 1500. As planned, the total area of Tuan Chau will be widen to 675 ha. It enjoys the advantage of having both road and river transportations. It is about 18 km away from National Highway No.1. This route is an important blood vessel of the robust Hanoi – Hai Phong – Quang Ninh economic triangle. It takes about 3 hours from Mong Cai ( 2 hours by boat) and 1 hour from Hai Phong.
Tuan Chau island’s name is the combination between ‘linh tuan’ (the patrolman) and ‘tri chau’ (district chief) because in the feudal time, the royal army set up a guard station here to patrol and defend the borderland. Prior to 1999, the island’s residents suffered from a very modest living standard. There was no power network and no clean water. Roads were only trails and there was no mechanical means of transportation. Tuan Chau was a very poor town where fishing with very rudimentary tools is the only means of living.
The emergence of the Au Lac company has completely changed the scenery of Tuan Chau. Living conditions have also improved since then.
• Well-appointed furniture amenities make the Au Lac Resort earn its five star international rating. All rooms feature balcony toward magnificent views of Ha Long Bay.
• The SEASIDE VILLAS BEACH FRONT consists of 10 villas located in the beach. At each villa, there is a receptionist and 2 lounges. Each villa contains of 4 deluxe rooms with garden view or sea view. All rooms feature: A/C, mini bar, TV in-house movie, IDD phones, very large bathroom, hair dryer, tea/coffee making facilities, in-room safe and control panel. It is easy to get to swimming pool
• Deluxe Garden View: 30 rooms offer garden view, 40m2 (room only)
• Deluxe Sea View: 10 rooms in the front of villas, offer better sea view with balcony facing Ha Long Bay; 40m2 (room only)
• Executive: 10 executive rooms with steam bath in room; 40m2.
• The SEASIDE VILLAS PROMENADE consists of 10 villas located in the hill opposite of Beachfront. Rooms and setting are the same as Seaside Villas Beachfront.
• Deluxe Promenade: 40 rooms offer hill or sea view, 40m2 (room only)
• The PINE HILL VILLAS consists of 24 villas located in the pine hill near the gate of Tuan Chau Island. Rooms are decorated with Vietnamese style furniture.
• Deluxe Pine Hill: 124 rooms offer either Halong Bay view or Hill view.
• Restaurants: The Vietnamese food area was established with an original architecture style, rich with national identity. It was reproduced following the 17th & 18th century Imperial Palace style. The food area totals 20,000 square meters, with 3 sections: a) Ngoc Chau - where you can eat while enjoying traditional dances and folk music. b) Thuy Dinh - where a five-layer waterfall that resembles a silk ribbon is your haven. c) Peach Garden – In Peach Garden, hundreds of old peach trees are planted.
• Entertainment: The Dolphin, Beluga, Seal Show Club and Crocodile Theatre, Monkey, Bear, Crocodile Circus, and Musical Fountain all are nearby and are quite enjoyable for children. There are 3 shows per day, except Mondays.
• Facilities: Outdoor swimming pool, Massage center; Sauna/steam bath; Fitness room; Karaoke, Parking
HOTEL NAME: Tuan Chau - Au Lac Resort
Address: Tuan Chau, Halong City, Vietnam
HOTEL PRICE: 0
CITY: Ha Long